Utpal Desai, MD is board certified in Cardiothoracic Surgery. Dr. Desai received his medical degree from the University Of Miami School Of Medicine and completed his residency in General Surgery at the University of Miami-Jackson Memorial Hospital. He then went on to complete his fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery at Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center in Chicago. Dr. Desai received additional training in Endovascular Surgery at New York Presbyterian University, the Hospitals of Columbia and Cornell.
- Minimally invasive cardiac valve surgery (Aortic, Mitral and Tricuspid valve surgery)
- Surgical treatment of structural heart disease
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Complex surgical treatment of ischemic/ dilated/mixed cardiomyopathy
- Surgical treatment of lung cancer with Video Assisted Thoracoscopic techniques