Utpal Desai, MD, is board certified in cardiothoracic surgery. After his medical education, he went on to complete his residency in general surgery at the University of Miami School of Medicine at Jackson Memorial Hospital. He continued with a cardiothoracic/vascular surgery fellowship at Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center in Chicago. Dr. Desai received additional training in endovascular surgery at New York Presbyterian University, the Hospitals of Columbia and Cornell.
- Minimally invasive cardiac valve surgery (Aortic, Mitral and Tricuspid valve surgery)
- Surgical treatment of structural heart disease
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Complex surgical treatment of ischemic/ dilated/mixed cardiomyopathy
- Surgical treatment of lung cancer with Video Assisted Thoracoscopic techniques